Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Chapter Thirty

Current Word Count: 50188
Words Left To Count: 0
Days Left: 0

Chapter Thirty

The Serrians surrendered before they had time to be completely wiped out. Atanax and the other Elves went from person to person, not caring what side they were from, and healed as those whose injuries were beyond doctors. After an hour of doing so, they had no energy left though, and many people were lost. The doctors didn’t sleep throughout the entire night. There was no time to sleep, every second a life depended on them.

Zeal took Jonathan to the castle, to tell them that the war had been one. When they arrived, they found Nevos and a few soldiers putting tables together in an attempt to make a door.

"That will never hold," Zeal said, looking down at him.

"You’re a lot bloodier than when you left," he went to him feet and looked at her shoulder. "Someone shoot you with an arrow?" He saw the wound, it was barely a scratch.

"I’m fine now," Zeal looked around the courtyard. Once it was been green and beautiful, but now it was covered in blood and dirt. "We need to clean up in here."

"I take it we won. The war’s over?" Nevos was already smiling before Zeal and Jonathan nodded their heads. He instantly ran off. "THE WAR’S OVER!!!" He called to everyone, and everyone in the castle began to cheer.

"I wonder if there will be a part tonight," Jonathan mused aloud.

"It feels nice to walk in here again and no be an enemy... This is my home."

"That’s right, you did live here."

"I do live here," he pointed to a window high up. "That’s my bedroom. On the other side of the castle in the town square. I have a secret passageway that leads right there. In case I ever needed to escape..."

"It’s a lovely place to have as a home... I’ve only ever been here once, but I liked it all the same. "Now that you’re home... what will you do?"

"Leave. I won’t be able to rest until my daughter is here with me."

"I think she’s alive too."

Zeal looked at Jonathan in shock.

"I feel it... She is alive. You will find her."

Zeal nodded. "I know."

"Commander! Commander!!!" Zeal turned her head to see a young soldier coming towards her. She didn’t recognized him, except that he was Serrian.

"What is it soldier?"

"It’s Tiers! He’s gone mad!!!"

"Tiers?" Zeal narrowed her eyes. "... Where is he?"

"Follow me!" The soldier took off again and Zeal ran after him.

"I’ll... I’ll stay here! Help with the cleanup!" Jonathan called after her.

Zeal ran as fast as she could. The words: I knew it. Racing through her head. She had never liked Tiers, he had never liked her either. If this was a way she could get rid of him, all the better. Though she had to ask herself exactly what might be happening with him? Was he sitting in a corner rocking back and forth? Or had he started killing his own men? What did this soldier mean by having gone mad? It was a question that didn’t take long to answer.

They came upon a crowed, it was Tiers platoon. There were bodies of men and women around. Had they attacked them? No, she didn’t think so. Why had these people been killed? She looked around the crowed and spotted Tiers. He stood in the middle of the crowed, he was holding onto the hair of a woman who was on her knees by his feet.

Tiers threw the woman into the mud. "Take a good look men! This is what we have defeated!"

"Please sir! Please stop!"

"She’s one of us! She’s our blood and yet we stormed her home and killed her husband! Some of you may know her, might have been her friend? You threw all that away just for the sake of war!"

He took his sword out, and for a moment they thought he would strike the woman down, but instead he threw his sword into the mud, the fresh blood still shone on it.

"We’ve killed our own people!"

"Tiers," the voice came from the crowed, it was Zeal, stepping forward through the ranks. "That’s enough."

He ignored her. "We’ve spent so long trying to become our own nation only for this to happen! At war with ourselves!?! That’s not a nation! That’s a land of gangs killing each other for sport! You killed those people without a second thought!!!"

"That’s enough!!!" Zeal yelled this time and could not be ignored.

"What’s enough? Enough death!?! Look what we’ve done to this woman!!!"

"Look what you’ve done to her!!!" Zeal yelled, and for a moment Tiers was too stunned to say anything. "We told them why we came, we told them to put their weapons down, we told them of the true purpose of the outsider. He wants to rape our land and our people and make us into his slaves!"

"How have we defeated him by killing our own people!?!"

"We’re not!!! We’re not defeating him! We’re defeating his reach into our world! If they wanted to be loyal to the outsider, then they wanted to die. I will not stand by while he poisons us!"

"There were better ways-"

"What better ways!?! Wait until we attacks us!?! No. I would not wait to die. I would save my people from him, from themselves if need be. We didn’t kill a single soul who loved our people. Those who we killed, were no longer our people, they were the outsider’s people. If you can’t see that, then there is no hope for you TiersNai."

He said nothing, there was nothing he could say before these people. He had lost face, and he knew it, and it filled him with rage.

"Pick her up," Zeal ordered to the nearest man. "Get her help, and the rest of you are dismissed."

Tiers didn’t move.

"Tiers, there something you want to say to me?"

"Yes."

"Then say it."

"I still think it’s wrong... and I know you’re lying. You didn’t fight today to defeat anything to do with the outsider, you fought to get closer to your daughter faster. You could have waited, could have talked to more, won all of them over. You didn’t have to wage this battle."

"I’m not the only person responsible for this."

"Don’t blame Atanax for this! You killed those people for your daughter."

"Tiers, you don’t know what you’re talking about."

"You can’t lie to me, I know you."

"And what do you know about me?"

"I know you’d kill anyone for your daughter."

"I would kill anyone for her."

"Even your sister?"

Zeal was silent, glaring. Tiers smirked in the darkness, enjoying the upper hand he had gained over her. He turned to leave.

"Yes," Zeal said silently, halting Tiers in his steps, he hadn’t won yet. "You’re trying to hurt me, but if given that day over, I’d still kill her."

"Where’s it going to stop Zeal? How many people have to die? Would you kill Nevos?"

"Yes."

"Jonathan?"

"Yes!"

"Atanax!?!"

"YES!!! Anyone!!! Everyone who gets in between me and my daughter!"

"And your own people got in the way!?!"

She moved forwards, grabbing his collar. "They did more than get in the way! They took her away! The outsider didn’t do it! They did! They pulled her out of my arms and they stole her from me! And that’s why they died! I will never forgive them for that! Do you hear me!!? She was right there and they took her away!!!"

Tiers pulled away, it was his turn glare. "I hear you. You’ll kill everyone, even me over this."

"Tiers, you will be lucky if you get an excuse as to why I kill you." She stormed past him, almost pushing him to the ground as she did so.

(This is my favourite chapter, but it's not the last. There's one more chapter after this, and then a prologue. But this is the end of what you shall receive from me. I've done 50, ooo words, so go me!!! *Dances about* Now, I need to stay away from this novel for a few weeks, because I'm slightly losing my mind... *Twitch*)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home